Monday, January 14, 2013

Keeping it off

The older you get, the harder it is to keep the pounds from creeping on.
You may not ever have had a significant "weight problem," but as the decades go by, that can change--for the worst. Your metabolism slows down, muscle tone deteriorates, and it's much harder than it used to be to recover from a holiday eating/drinking binge (for example).
I've come to accept my size, which is on the high end of "normal" according to most charts -- just a couple of  pounds below "overweight." It's just too much trouble and effort to drop any pounds.
But I remain ever vigilant about pound creep, which could easily put me in an unacceptable size.
So here's a link to some websites (or blogs) that focus on MAINTAINING your weight. Some sites focus on recipes for health, others on fitting exercise into your routine, and others bring the input and output parts together.
I'm sure you'll find some useful tips!

No comments:

Post a Comment