Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Diet day 2: Need a fast, healthy dinner....

So day 1 was a success -- big deal, I know. But at least it's a start. I was "good girl:" no indulgences, kept the food diary as vowed and ended up with about 1250 calories and the scales showing me a pound lighter this morning.
It's ridiculously cold outside and on top of that, I've developed some kind of illness, a virus I assume. Those factors make it harder not to just keep storing up the fuel. But, I resist!
Meanwhile, this is one of my longer days at work and I don't have the energy or motivation to cook a meal from scratch tonight for my husband and me.

The solution? Frozen food! Here's one of the few such things I can recommend: multi-grain roasted vegetable lasagna from Trader Joe's. I'll steam a vegetable to go with it and give my husband some bread & olive oil (he has a big appetite, never gains weight though). About 1/3 of the lasagna package and the veggies makes about a 400-calorie meal.
But mostly I just want to pack up, walk through the cold to my garage and go home to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment