Friday, December 14, 2012

A Neighborhood Gem (and in MY neighborhood)

Long-time readers know that I love this restaurant: La Poste, on Telford Street right here in my neighborhood of Clifton. It's around the corner from the six-screen Esquire Theater and is by far the best choice for dining -- and a peerless wine list -- before or after a movie.
Baked Pear & Prosciutto Salad

My husband and I are well known by all the staff, no surprise since we drop in for drinks and/or a meal at least a couple of times a month, and often more frequently than that.
This week we had a pre-holiday dinner--soup and a fish special entree for him, pear salad and appetizer-portion scallops for me. He doesn't drink liquor, but I had the restaurant's sommelier select two half-glasses of different white wines (which is what went best with my light dishes) to go with each of my courses. I think all four wines were French -- always good by me -- and my favorite was a white Cotes-du-Rhone, a Roussane/Marsanne/Viognier blend that went beautifully with the salad's ingredients of pear, prosciutto and goat cheese.

Scallops appetizer -- plenty of food!

If you live in the Cincinnati metro area and you haven't tried La Poste yet, you need to get on down there. They serve lunch Tuesday - Friday, and dinner Monday - Saturday.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the information, I am now more extensive knowledge because I just knew it.

    ReplyDelete