Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Week Dining

It was mostly eat at home for the holidays, but we did manage a few memorable meals on the fly, and one family fine-dining experience.
Salad @ Nordstrom Bistro
Shopping with my brother two days before Christmas, we had lunch at the Nordstrom Bistro in Kenwood Mall. Tucked into the second floor of the store, it's easy to forget that it's there. This was only my second time to eat there, but we had good salads -- one with grilled shrimp and this Asian-accented chicken salad -- and you can get a decent glass of wine if you are so inclined.
Veggie Burger, J Alexander

Veg Plate: grilled artichokes, stuffed tomatoes, etc.
Another quick lunch was today with my friend Susan at J Alexander. (This place also has a respectable wine selection, but I didn't indulge today.) She had a veggie burger, and I went with a very good vegetable plate, which as I posted on Facebook had the benefit of being both delicious and (at least relatively) virtuous.
Our fine-dining meal was the night after Christmas at our neighborhood's star restaurant, La Poste. As usual, the best thing about the evening was the great wine selection and service. In the photos are my chicken entree and my husband's fish special--I forget the variety of fish.
La Poste Chicken

La Poste Fish Special

A splendid time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment