Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Dining at Nana's

The best eats -- by far -- during my short visit to North Carolina were at Nana's in Durham, which is definitely one of the stellar choices in that town. Perhaps it's not quite at the level of the more famous Magnolia Grill, but my brother, his wife and I all enjoyed everything that passed our lips at Nana's.

Nana's melon with ham
I went with two appetizers (instead of an app and entree): Serrano ham with local melons, frisee and roasted pine nuts in lemon-mint vinaigrette topped with local Asiago cheese.
For a second course, I chose House made Pork Belly & Ricotta Ravioli over wilted spinach in a charred Roma tomato sauce with ricotta salata.
Both were excellent -- the melon and ham light and refreshing, and the ravioli rich and filling enough that I did not need an entree portion.

Nana's Ravioli
My sister-in-law ordered Pan Roasted Day Boat Scallops over local creamy summer sweet corn with haricots verts finished in a tomatillo vinaigrette (we all agreed this was the best bite of the night), and my brother tried an off-menu red snapper special.
We did split a couple of desserts, which also were terrific, but I did not remember to photograph them. :-(
Nana's Scallops

No comments:

Post a Comment