Thursday, April 21, 2011

Morels, fiddlehead ferns and an A+ vegan dish

ca
One night this week I had no plans for dinner and no time to go to the grocery store. We've all been there, right?
Luckily, I had a couple of special springtime veggies in the fridge from a visit to the market last weekend: a small amount of morel mushrooms and an equally tiny portion of fiddlehead ferns.
With some garlic, a leek, a handful of fresh spinach and another kind of mushroom that were on hand, I was able to whip up a vegan dish (served over brown rice, which I keep in the microwavable bags, frozen) that my husband was crazy about.
The one little "cheat" that made it extra delicious was that I added about 1 T of pure unsalted butter at the very end of the cooking process.
The rest of the ingredients:
Salt and pepper
2 T of capers, drained
1 T toasted pine nuts

No comments:

Post a Comment