Monday, February 7, 2011

Dinner at Suzie Wong's Asian Eats



I'm happy to report that Suzie Wong's was packed on Saturday night -- that's good because that stretch of Madison Road has almost no places to get dinner. We hadn't been in a few months, not since they added a wine, sake and beer list, and the food was as good as ever, and at bargain prices, to boot.
Although I've tried different entrees, I keep returning to the delicious Wild Mushroom Trio (top photo; $12.95), on the Veggie Corner part of the menu. The slow-cooked mushrooms are so plump, meaty and full of flavor, it's a wondrous taste treat. I love the veggies that accompany the main ingredient, including baby bok choy and a veggie I had never tried before this dish, lotus root.
The other photo is of a spicy noodle dish with steamed tofu that my daughter ordered. She can't take spice, though, and the menu didn't let on that it was so hot. Our waiter cheerfully replaced the offending noodles with a mild chow mein, also with steamed tofu, and she liked that just fine.
The wine list is minimal, but I did find something to drink, and my son-in-law enjoyed warm plum-scented sake that he said was quite good.
We all had at least a little leftover food to take home to enjoy later.
Suzie Wong's is a little more than a year old now, and the Healthy Foodie can wholeheartedly recommend the eatery for lunch or (especially) dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment