Sunday, May 30, 2010

Terry's Turf Club -- on Food Network Monday @10PM




I didn't really know what to expect at this very popular burger joint. One of my friends said I wouldn't like it because it's too crowded and noisy. She also said that my husband would love it -- crowded and noisy (he calls it "bustle") is right in his wheelhouse.

It was his turn to pick our dinner destination, so he insisted we try Terry's Turf Club in an area of eastern Cincinnati called Linwood. Owner/bartended/chef Terry Campbell says he transformed a former crack house, decorated it with his impressive collection of neon signs (a small sample of which is photographed above) and got serious about making excellent hamburgers.

Burgers are not usually on our menu, but we had to give 'em a try. No complaints about their quality or the choices of toppings, including exotic cheeses, that you can add. There are healthier menu options, by the way, so next time I'll branch out. It definitely is a place loaded with bustle, rather warm on a hot night in a single-room eatery with the grills going at full speed all night. There are interesting cocktails, a nice selection of craft beers as well as standard domestic brews, and a modest selection of wines.

My husband adored it; I liked it too. Terry is a serious foodie, so it works for me.

By the way, Terry's will be featured on the Food Network program "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives" Monday 5/31 at 10 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment