Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sidewinder Cafe -- Northside



There sure are a lot of interesting eateries in a two-block stretch of Hamilton Avenue in Northside. Honey is my favorite (and one of the best in the city), but I also like Slim's and Melt, to name the best. This week I finally made it to Sidewinder's Coffee and Tea, a few doors north of the Northside Tavern.
The decor and ambiance are just as funky-boho as many of its neighbors. Sidewinder reminds me somewhat of Sitwell's on Ludlow, in that it's a coffee house with a hard-liquor (but no beer and wine) license. My friend and I had a light lunch -- soup of the day and a half sandwich --which we liked. But my treat was a cup of Hot Buttered Rum. Mmm, mmm, that hit the spot!
Sidewinder is at 4181 Hamilton Avenue and it's open every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment