Monday, October 5, 2009

Dining in Durham NC




My brother and his wife took me to two excellent, mid-range restaurants in revitalized downtown Durham (home of Duke University). Friday night I had a scrumptious pasta dish--pappardelle with mushroom ragu, chard and goat cheese at a place called Watts Grocery. We were so hungry by the time we were able to get there, I did not even photograph that delicious entree. However, I am planning to try to reproduce those flavors soon.


Next evening, we tried the more upscale Revolution. Here are two amazing seafood dishes--diver scallops with a rather sinful slab of seared pork belly (OK, not healthy), and my brother's salmon filet. We also enjoyed some creative cocktails and doggone good wine, too.


To top it off, dinner at their house Sunday night was charcoal grilled steaks and a bottle of 1989 Chateau Margaux.


I think I'll be atoning the rest of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment